Day eleven: 5 party hosting hacks
When hosting a party, it always feels like you don’t have enough - not enough time, space, furniture, dishes, food, parking, etc. Well, no matter what, you’ll have these five concerns under control if they impact you:
1. Forgot to chill the white wine? No problem, you’ve got two options:
Wrap the unopened wine bottle in a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you have even less time, put the wine bottle in your wine bucket with ice, add some water, then generously add salt. The salt reduces the freezing point of water so your wine will be cold is about six minutes!
2. Have a small closet? Increase your hanging space by placing a pop can tab around one hanger, then hang another hanger from the other end of the pop tab.
3. Don’t have a Bluetooth speaker or is yours broken? Place your phone in a bowl, pitcher, glass, or paper cup, to amplify the sound. Try a few different items to see what works best.
4. Have too many smells going on from all your food prep? Make your own natural DIY air freshener by boiling 2 cups of water, 1 sliced lemon, 1 tsp of vanilla, and a sprig of rosemary. Once boiled, simmer for an hour or two before your guests arrive.
5. Worried about space in your fridge? Keep your cool - A huge benefit to living in a cold climate is that we can increase our cool storage for drinks, without limiting space for food that also needs to be kept cool. Keep your food in the fridge along with a limited supply of drinks. Then have a cooler or two outside to keep beer, white wine, coolers, and Prosecco cold.
Our final blog for Day 12 will include six easy last minute ways to make your home feel more festive, without spending a lot